I write these quick takes, with thanks and prayers for Jen, and in the spirit of hopefulness and joy in this pregnancy. Praise God for His provision. Today, I offer up my anxiety for Jen and her baby.
1. Little A is sick. :( Fever since Wednesday night. Luckily I work from home on Thursdays and Fridays so she's just hanging out with me with nary a bump in our routine. I feel terrible for her though. It's hard to look at the joy in your life and see her kind of joy-less.
2. On the upside, A still had the energy/humor to remark that Tigger says "whoo hoo hoo hoooo!" while watching the Winnie the Pooh movie.
3. Went to see Marybeth at St. Catherine's Pregnancy Resource Center yesterday, and she did an ultrasound for me. I was so happy that she was willing to do this--she actually offered to--because it is sooner than my doctor was willing to do it. The gestational sac is measuring at three weeks which is perfectly consistent with my chart, so while we have to wait to see a heartbeat (hopefully), at least we know where we are and where we should be.
4. She also advised me to take a B complex vitamin with my prenatal; let's just say my life is a little more neon because of it. :)
5. When we did the ultrasound, Marybeth pointed out my blood vessels twitching, which is an indicator of good circulation, and she said my womb looked like a beautiful environment for this baby. Praise God!
6. I am feeling very rare morning sickness, which is the same as it was when I was pregnant with A and RG. Thank you, Lord, for sparing me this small suffering.
7. This prayer, published by the USCCB has been helpful so far.