Monday, March 24, 2014

Update

Thank you to all of you who responded to my last post. I'm so grateful for your compassion and love. Honestly, you are so appreciated. Your prayers have been effective.

Since I posted and received your comments, I've not experienced an episode, so I think that naming the evil and bringing it into the light was a really good first step. Still, I'm think you are all right; I need to take advantage of the healing places in the world that can help me. So, as a result of your comments, I've made an appointment at my school's counseling center. They have a center with professionals--not just students in training--specifically for families, so I'm going to start there. I will keep updating as things progress.

In other news, work and school is going really well. I miss my family and our old parish (especially Father G) a whole lot. It's been really hard to find a parish here that we really like, but I have made a friend who has been incredibly sweet and welcoming. She's even really patient when I can't meet her for coffee or a playdate for ten weeks at a time while the school-term is raging (I do mean "raging." Once those ten weeks start, it's go-go-go for all ten weeks.)

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you and let you know that I'm doing something about this. I really appreciate your prayers in the mean time.

***I also just wanted to make a disclaimer, in case anyone is wondering, or anyone is reading this who doesn't know me, that I have had absolutely no desire or temptation to harm myself or my children. These experiences are essentially waking nightmares and flashback experiences, and I have told the appropriate people around me to watch out for me.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you haven't had another episode, spiritual warfare is so hard. I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. St. Michael the archangel, pray for KJL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things are going better and that you're following up as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. What are your thoughts? (You will be redirected to a sign in page. Sign in, and the page will come back here)