Thursday, March 28, 2013

Holy Thursday

(because I think juxtapositions of text can often make a better point than I can articulate)

In the beginning was the Word,
     and the Word was with God,
     and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.
All things came to be through Him,
     and without him nothing came to be.
What came to be through Him was life,
     and this life was the light of man;
the light shines in the darkness,
     and the darkness has not overcome it.
--John 1:1-5

"From now on I am telling you before it happens,
     so that you may believe that I AM.
Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever receives the one I send receives me
     and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me."
--John 13:19-20

Our Lord, our God, the One who came to love, to serve, to teach, and to die, begins His passion on this day for our sake. Let my mind not be distracted by the tidings of this world, that his sacrifice for me will be given due reverence. Sarah says it best on this Holy Thursday. Let us have a blessed triduum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. What are your thoughts? (You will be redirected to a sign in page. Sign in, and the page will come back here)