Tuesday, December 4, 2012

In the Bleak Midwinter

This is easily one of my very favorite Christmas songs. It is based on the poem by Victorian poet, Christina Rossetti. For me, the words capture the moment of the incarnation perfectly--the awe, and at the same time, the humility of the reality of Christ's coming. It also speaks of the gift that He is to us, and the sacrifice of our own hearts that we are  to give back to him--even if that is all we have to give.

It reminds me that even if I do not have what the world would deem a proper gift, or even the gift I would like to give to Him, what he desires most of all is so simple and so pure.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. What are your thoughts? (You will be redirected to a sign in page. Sign in, and the page will come back here)